Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Finally Did It!

Yesterday I went to the gym to try one of those free training sessions that have been posted all over the locker room for the past month. When I got there the fitness director took me into her office to ask me questions about my health and goals. Then she told me to warm up on a cardio machine for a few minutes. I was expecting to at least get a generic workout of a few weight training exercises, but instead she addressed working out my back and techniques for good posture (both are needed by this girl)... and that was it. That was my free training session. Very disappointing.

However, that was not the end. She took me into her office to sign me up for paid training sessions, which I knew was coming, but I thought would come after a better workout. I did see through their "marketing strategy", as I am very educated in consumer marketing. I understand that they don't want to give away any "secrets" for free... they have to make money somehow! Despite all this, and even though I could see through their marketing ploy, I signed up for 3 months of training sessions with a guy named Tony. For the past 3 years I've been talking about purchasing a few training sessions, but never actually did it.

I think I was able to finally "bite the bullet" because I am at an ideal mental state. I am at a healthy weight for the first time in the my very short life (remember, my heaviest was 163 lbs in middle school), and mentally I am prepared to take my fitness to the next level. I don't want to keep going through new workouts that aren't giving me the results that I want... I don't want to keep doing that for the rest of my life. I want to spend my life enjoying the physique that I want and finally reach my goals. I am hopeful that Tony can get me to my goal.

My sessions start in July, so I will post progress and thoughts when I begin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment